Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Price Is Right

What a time!!! I'll be frank . . . we had an AWESOME time!! I didn't win, but one of us did!!!! No details, you'll have to watch the show on June 23rd. It was a great time getting to know the other moms and just having a great time without our kiddos!!!

We spent Sunday night walking up and down Hollywood Blvd, which for most of us, was our first time being there. We had a great time. There was a lot of "woo hooing" and getting geared up for the show all night. FUN!!

We had 25 people in our group, so we didn't have to get to CBS Studios until 9AM since we had guaranteed seats. Many of the folks there had been waiting since 4:15AM! Can you imagine??? There was a whole lot of just waiting. They assigned you a number and gave you a name tag and then you had to fill out a card with interesting information about yourself. Once you did that, you waited. Then the producer interviewed people in groups of 12 people (asking name, where you're from, etc.). Then more waiting. Then they walked us into the studio and it started. The studio was A LOT smaller than I thought it would be. There was a whole lot of screaming and sitting, screaming and sitting, screaming and sitting. They didn't allow any cameras, so no pictures. It was a fabulous time though, especially since one of us got called up!!! I was completely drained by the end of the show. So much fun!!!

Here are some pics . . .

Our winner Bridgette!!!
(**Bridgette was the one who coordinated the trip, so she deserved it!)

Waiting for dinner at CPK --- woo hoo!!!

"We're here!!!"


This is a picture of Karen and Dora. Karen and I had known each other, but were buddies on the trip and got to know each other. You could tell we were moms since we just had to have our pictures with Dora!!!

Momma and Dora

Momma and Alex

Bridgette and Sponge Bob

This one's for you mom!!

ME (and the Hollywood sign behind me)

2 comments:

Mom said...

It sounds like you had a FABULOUS time!! I'm glad you went - and I was jealous ;)!! I watched that show for years!! Look forward to watching the June 23 tape of the show. I bet the girls loved the pic of you with Dora! Thanks for the pic of the Shirley Temple plaque. :)

The Baete's said...

Love the Hollywood picture. How dang exciting! Can't wait to see the show. Maybe you'll all be on tv since they'll probably show the group of you when they call her name.