Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Fear of the "Pony"

I woke up this morning and had my hair down. That was until I went downstairs and started rustling around in the kitchen. Naturally, I put my hair up in a pony tail since it is in the 100's. The minute Emma saw me, she started screaming and crying . . . "I hate that pony. Please take it out mommy. I hate it." What a good way to start my day. Every time I tried to put it back in, she cried. What the??? It is okay for mommy to wear her hair in a bun, but not the PONY!!!

So for those of you who routinely check my blog, I had gone off about the urgent care place that was going to charge me $750 to see Ellie back in June. Well . . . today I got the statement from my insurance. They submitted a claim to my insurance for the low cost of $195. Couldn't believe it! Shouldn't it be the other way around? I just cannot imagine not having health insurance. I'm assuming you just wouldn't go. Ugh!!!

Today was a busy day it seemed like. Ran some errands this morning and painted the rest of our bedroom this afternoon. I am thankfully done with our bedroom FINALLY! I am hoping to take a break for a couple of days. Tomorrow we are going to try to just relax and take it easy before the holiday. It will be nice having Chris home for a 3-day weekend. Not much planned . . . on the 4th, we will head to Tina's to swim in the morning, then we have been invited to Aunty Franny's for a BBQ in the evening. Fran used to work for me WAY back when and she was Emma's first babysitter. We haven't seen her since we have been back, so it will be good to finally see her and her new pool.

Tonight before Emma went to sleep, she kept giving me lots of hugs and kisses and finally said, "you are my best mama." Melted my heart. Staying at home has its challenges, but those moments make it all worth it.

1 comments:

Misty said...

I am glad to hear that although your day began with criticism from your daughter it ended with a big bowl of mushy love.

I can't wait to see the paint. Enjoy the 4th and tell Miss Franny I said "hello"!!!