Monday, July 07, 2008

Fast weekend!

Our weekend seemed to go by really fast. On Friday, the girls and I spent the morning at Aunt Tina's swimming. The girls loved being in the water. We decided that Ellie is the little fishy, however, a very independent fish. She loves to go under water and has no problem not swallowing the water, but ONLY, if she wants to. The girls had a great time and I think Aunt Tina and I were exhausted! Friday night, we went to Fran's for the BBQ. It was good seeing her and her family again. Emma loved playing with ALL her dogs. Fran made one mistake though. Before we left, she said come back anytime (I'll fill you in later).

On Saturday, we stuck around home and painted the living room and swam in the kiddy pool in the afternoon. It was nice to just hang out at home with the kids and Chris.

On Sunday morning, the first thing Emma asked me when she got up was, "can we go to Fran's house to go swimming?" I said no, not today. She replied, "but Franny said we could come back anytime! She remembers just the right things! Sunday afternoon, I spent the afternoon with Tina at the pool to have some much needed "adult" time. It was heavenly to have some time for me and to chat with Tina without having kids to keep track of. Thanks Tina!

Today has been clean day for us. Went through the kids' closet, which I absolutely dread. I think it is because it makes me recognize that my kids are outgrowing their clothes, thus getting bigger and bigger. Ellie tries so hard to keep up with Emma and does a fairly good job. She is understanding more and more. She is saying words here and there, but of course, in her own time. She will do it when she is good and ready. Where does she get that from anyway? :o)

I have PROOF! My kids can share a toy and actually be happy (at least for a few seconds anyway)!

I'm convinced it is all about the "new" stuff. We blew up the air matress and the kids loved it!!! Emma thought it was her space ship today.



0 comments: