Another hot one today . . . who knows how hot, but I'm sure it is in the 110's.
This morning, we just piddled around the house, then we went to Aunt Tina's to feed her cats while she is on vacation (cats were too afraid Emma might play with them, so Emma was bummed). Then we went to Daddy's work so Emma could see where her daddy goes everyday. We decided to go to lunch at McD's. The kid area was freezing cold and felt really, really good. We even had time to go over to the mall for a bit. Felt like old times . . . Emma and I used to meet daddy for lunch a few years back doing the same thing except back then, it didn't have to be McD's. On the way home, the girls fells asleep (this heat seems to wipe them out), so Ellie is asleep now and Emma is a bit grumpy, which is okay.
I seem to be settling into this staying home thing fairly well. Some days I feel like I talk to my blog more than actual people, which is kind of weird. The days seems to go by really fast and some days I have to sit back and think about what we actually "did" that day. Being a working mom has its challenges, but man, staying at home does too and more than I realized. I remember being in my 20's wondering what stay at home mom's do all day?? And now I know . . . they take care of kids ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. It is worth it in the end knowing that you are molding your kids into who they are and it is awesome that I have this opportunity to spend with them.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago

2 comments:
I agree, staying home IS so much harder than you'd ever imagine :) I can't believe today is Sat already, what did I do ALL week??? It's definately good to have a routine otherwise the day disappears without a trace...
Hey girl! Finally caught up on your blog - love all the recent posts. How is the back-yard coming? can't believe that you girls braved the park in this heat! We're staying inside for the rest of the summer.
My mom is here visiting and they all just left for church. I'm home sick with a cold - boo hoo!
While i've never been a working mom, I know that being a SAHM is harder than any job i've ever had. I remember in my first few months I would actually make lists at the end of the day of everything I did and then cross them off - just so I saw visually what I did! ha!
Post a Comment