Monday, May 12, 2008

Well, Chris left this morning for California. Never thought I would feel so lonely. I think it is knowing there is a lot left to do before things settle down a bit. Chris is driving to Las Vegas today and will finish the trip tomorrow. I'm going to spend the week going through files and drawers before the movers come next week.

We had a good weekend. Did a lot of stuff around the house trying to go through drawers and cabinets to throw stuff away. Who knew you could accumulate so much junk in two years? New Lisa (Lisa Mullenax) came over Saturday evening to see Chris and the girls, then watched them for us while Chris and I went to dinner. We went to PF Chang's and ate way too much. It was nice.

For Mother's Day, Chris got me flowers which was really nice and unexpected. We spend the morning around the house and then spent the afternoon at the Holmes'. It was nice and relaxing.

We are still waitng for an official closing date on our house in California and are hoping to have one by today, THEN I will feel better.

We took this picture of Gramma Holmes and the girls (I don't have too many) and I thought it was cute . . .

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Great picture! Transitions are always so difficult. Let us know if Chris needs a place to stay - he's more than welcome to our guest room/bathroom.

Misty said...

Breathe! Don't let the stress of a move and the unknown aspects weigh on your mind. Trust that you made the right decision, and that everything will fall into place.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!!!!