Friday, May 09, 2008

Oh boy . . . what a couple of weeks!

Who knew time could go by so incredibly fast??? It has been busy and chaotic, so I have been trying to take things one day at a time and my blog has been on the bottom of the priority list.

We went to California a couple of weeks ago on a house hunting trip. In good Holmes fashion, we of course found the house we wanted . . . . we had looked at houses all day and had come acrossed one particular floor plan more than once. Then, we found the house in an area we REALLY liked. After a few days of thinking and negotiating, we put a contract in on the house. We are still trying to figure out the closing date on the new one, but are still pulling for May 23rd so that we can move the girls from here straight to the new house. I am trying to make the transition as easy as possible for the girls. Our kids are "routine" kids so it is hard when you change things up a bit.

We close on our house here on May 22nd. Chris is leaving on Monday for California and will be back over Memorial Day. My last day of work is May 16th. The movers come may 19th. The plan is that the girls and I will stay with Gramma & Poppo until we leave. When Chris comes back, he will be driving the van out and Gramma and I are going to fly out with the girls. SOOOO much easier than that long car ride. Gramma is going to come out so that she can help me with the kids while I have a chance to unload and get settled.

So, you ask, what have we been up to? Well, we are in survival mode! Grandma Cheri came out last week to help me with the girls because our Great Aunt Dee was here visiting Gramma Holmes. It was a good chance for my mom to see the girls before we are California bound. I think she had a great time and took plenty of pictures to capture her trip. She left yesterday and I'm sure is enjoying the quietness!

We are trying to spend as much time with folks before we leave. My sister, Lyman & Kaden are leaving today - - - moving back to Nebraska. Busy, busy.

Here are some pictures that capture the past couple of weeks . . .

Ellie Bellie

I cringe when I look at this picture of Emma because she looks like such a big girl!!! Where does the time go??

For those of you that have seen the movie "Parenthood" - yeah Ellie loves to walk around with that bucket on her head! I get a chuckle everytime!!

Aunt Dee & Emma

Here is me with Aunt Dee, Aunt Suzie, Carol & Heather

"I'm ready for the beach Aunt Tina!!!"

Grandma Cheri & Ellie

Aunt Becky & my little man, Kaden (I'll miss you buddy)

Kaden

Grandma Cheri & Girls

Aunt Lisa with all the kids

Baete & Holmes Family

1 comments:

Hailey said...

I've been checking frequently for a blog update - glad you finally had time to blog - not sure how though! I know your super duper busy. Can't wait to see you!

Email me and let me know where your home is?!? So fun!

Love, hailey