Saturday, February 09, 2008

Emma Update

Well, Emma if FINALLY getting back to normal!!!! Yesterday I met Gramma Holmes at the Dr.'s office. Emma just looked miserable. I have never seen anything quite like her skin. She had hives absolutely everywhere. The Dr. looked at her and changed his tune saying that is was really part of her virus infection she had a couple of weeks ago. Emma's mother, well she believes it was an allergic reaction to the second antibiotic. Anyhow, the Dr. said not to give her the third anitibiotic because Emma's ears looked fine. Boy am I glad I had $50 for that third prescription we'll never use. Ugh!! I put Cetaphil cream all over her when we got home and gave her an Epsom salt bath and she felt better. AND, she slept completely through the night and was a ton better this morning. She has played all day and is feeling good. Thank God! Let's hope we are now on the road to recovery.

We'd like to give a special thank you to Gramma Holmes because right before we left the Dr.'s office, Emma puked all over Gramma. We are sorry Gramma and WE LOVE YOU!!! What a trooper!!!

Tonight, Chris is headed to Denver to play poker with some guys from the bank. After I put the girls down, I am doing scrap night. Should be some nice down time for me to focus on me a little bit. Have a great weekend everybody!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

So glad that she's doing better. Having sick children is the worst! Hope you had fun scrapping and got a lot done!

The Baete's said...

POOOOR Gramma! Glad to hear Emma is doing better. Also glad to hear you got some time to scrapbook...what are you up to...August? :) Just kidding, actually you probably are! Keep going you'll catch up sometime in the next year.