Monday, December 10, 2007

I took this before we left the house this morning. Emma and Ellie were just sitting there playing and talking to each other . . . . too cute!!! Tonight on the way home, Emma was asking me if we could watch Frosty the Snowman. I said I wasn't sure and she said, "oh mama, don't say no, say yes!" Too cute and yes, we watched it!!

I was waiting until I had pics from Saturday . . . . we went to Gramma Holmes and made gingerbread houses. It was Emma and my first time and we had a really good time! Thanks Gramma! Here are some pics . . .


Here is Emma working diligently on her house!!

Emma was too little, so she watched . . .

Here is Emma's house . . .


Of course, I made the M&M house . . .

Here they all are (please note the 3rd one from the left - - - this is Aunt Suzie's - - - she was a bit of an overachiever, so she put way too much on her house and it came a tumbling down!!! - - - POOR AUNT SUZIE!!)
From left to right - Heather, Carol (Gramma) & Emma, me & Ellie, Erica & Hailey, and Suzie

Soooo . . . . had sad, sad news today. One of my cousins, Jeremy, committed suicide over the weekend. As you can imagine, it caught everyone off guard. Jeremy and I graduated together and always looked out for me . . . he was a wonderful guy and I am so sad to think he is gone . . . . I saw him last month and am so grateful to have this picture of us (thanks Pam)!! We will be headed back to Nebraska the end of the week for the funeral, weather permitting . . .

3 comments:

Hailey said...

Gingerbread houses are adorable!

Such terrible news about Jeremy. He must have been carrying some heavy burdens, and I will be praying for your family as you grieve.

The Baete's said...

Dude - under Ellie's picture you put Emma's name. I think you are starting to have too many kids to keep them straight...still want 4?

Very cute Gingerbread houses!

Amy A said...

hehe I caught that too Lisa! I had a hard time with all the E's over thanksgiving, if they go for 4 they better venture out in the alphabet :) Great houses! You're a bunch of Marthas!