Sunday, December 09, 2007

Quite a couple of weeks . . .

Well, I think we are all FINALLY healthy!!!! We got home and everyone was sick again. Chris and Emma got sick with a nasty cold first, then Ellie got their cold, then I got a sore throat. Then, about a week later, Gramma Holmes got the flu, then Poppo Holmes got strep throat. It is weird all of us got sick with so many different things. We are all well again though. Thank goodness. We are trying to keep everyone healthy at least until Christmas!!!

Happy Anniversary . . . . on Monday, December 3rd, Chris and I celebrated 13 years together. Above is a picture of us from our very first date. Seems like forever ago. Please ignore the champagne bottle . . . . that's what you are supposed to do when you are in college, right??? Fun times!!

On Thursday, I took the girls to see Santa. Well, Emma was eager to meet him and even said hi to him. When it came to her sitting on his lap, there was NO WAY she was willing to do that. There was a very short window Ellie was willing to compromise, so we got a quick picture. It turned out pretty good. Emma wants Santa to bring her two kitties and bring Ellie two puppies. Don't think Santa is coming through this year!!!
Ellie is saying, "dadadadada." It is quite cute. She wants to be where the action is. She can pull herself up and walks along the couch. She is a pro at mastering the stairs unfortunately!! Emma loves to play with her and mimic her. Right now I have Emma trying to avoid the toilet at all costs and I have Ellie who really wants to know how all of that works. Ellie loves playing in and around the toilet. Go figure!
This week I have my work holiday party, so I will be busy preparing for that. Other than that, I am hoping for a quiet week!!!!

1 comments:

Hailey said...

Glad to hear you all are recovered from being sick. It's our turn now as the flu is passing through the white house. I love the pictures of Ellie with Santa - and Santa actually looks legit! We laughed today at Walmart where they had a mexican santa with a white beard on and he had to be only 20 years old!