First of all, I'd like to thank all of you who kept Ellie in your thoughts in prayers this past week. It has been a very long and stressful last couple of weeks. I know I blogged last week that Ellie had been vomitting. It all started last Monday and progressively got worse and worse. Ellie just couldn't keep her food down (well most of it). The problem was that she wasn't getting sick after EVERY feeding, so the Pediatrician kept thinking it was the flu. Her blood work came back fine, so they just weren't sure what it was. Eventually, we kept pushing them to do something (I have to give my hubby credit because he kept telling me to call the Dr. each time it happened). Eventually, on Friday afternoon, they did an ultrasound and discovered she needed surgery. As my sister blogged, she had a mal-rotation of the gut. In normal people terminology, her insides were twisted just enough so that she couldn't digest food. There were bands that were restricting her intestines from operating normally. I was pretty upset that we had to do surgery, but I was relieved that they had discovered the problem.
So, Friday night about 9p.m. we headed down to Denver. They hooked her up to an iv to get some fluids in her and then operated on Saturday morning at 11a.m. The operation was sucessful. She has two little incisions on her belly and one on her side (I think it is where they removed her appendix). Ellie finally ate on Sunday about midnight. She has kept all her feedings down, so we are SOOOO happy. You can tell she is still pretty wore out, but she is doing great for all that she has been through. We are so thankful she is doing so well.
We got home yesterday afternoon and are trying to get back to normal. Emma is having to adjust to having us back home. The last two weeks have been really hard on Emma. She just isn't sure what is going on. We are just glad to be home though!!!
Here are some pictures . . .
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago








2 comments:
We're so glad to hear you're home and will contiune to keep Ellie in our prayers that she has a speedy recovery!
Love,
Andy and Erica
Thank you Jesus!
Post a Comment