Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Hump Day

**It starts out fairly well. Girls are calm & loving.

**About midway through the morning . . . things start deteriorating.

**Fighting begins. I break it up. Fighting continues.

**We run an errand. They are angels.

**We get back. They fight over who gets to sit where for lunch and who gets what cup.

**We finish lunch and sit down to read. They fight over which book and who gets to go first.

**We read the Bible together and talked about how important it is to have a kind heart and love one another. We also learn that Jesus is a girl (I think that needs to be a whole new blog entry!).

**I lay Ellie down for a nap. She is a sweet angel.

**I play checkers with Emma. She is sweet and loving (except she doesn't think I play it right!).

**We go to Pump it Up. They are good and both have a great time.

**We get home. I mowed. While mowing, Ellie decides to go inside to de-clothe. Comes out with nothing on just as all the kids are coming home from school. My hands are full of grass and sweat and she is refusing to put anything on.

**We all shower together. That was a first.

**I try to get clothes on them and of course they refuse.

**They start fighting again. All I hear is: "Mine!!" "No! Mine!!" "Mine!!" They spend some quiet time in their rooms.

**Time for dinner. They fight over who is going to sit where.

**We are getting ready for bed and I turn around to see Ellie's hand full of blue ink. I turn around and there is ink on Emma's desk, the hallway cabinets, the bathroom counter and all over the floor of the loft. You know that saying, "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" Yep. I think that sums it up.

**Before Ellie goes to bed, she says, "I'm sorry mama. I love you."

**Before Emma goes to bed, she says, "Mama, I'll listen all day tomorrow."

It's a big test. It's a test of endurance. A test of strength. A test of love. And I have to be okay with the fact that some days are just going to be better than others. I love 'em.

3 comments:

Misty said...

BEAUTIFUL POST!!! Muah!

Mom said...

Funny! Beautifully written Becky! Yep...some days are just going to be better than others. :)

Erica said...

WOW- I'm glad I have you to give me a glimpse into my future!!! You're so right- some days are just better than others and knowing it won't last forever is what gets us through!