Story of the week:
Emma and Ellie did great at swimming lessons on Tuesday night. I was so proud of both of them. They were going under the water without any hesitation, which is a first! Emma rocked. She was jumping into the deep end without help and swimming (kind of) without any help with her face in the water. I was a proud mama.
So . . . . Aunt Tina hasn't seen them swim yet this summer, so she invited us over today to swim. Yesterday at lunch, Emma was trying to convince me to buy her a new swimming suit because she needs to have one she can leave at Tina's (like she does at Grandma's). I was trying to tell her that we didn't have it in the budget. She started getting emotional and dad calls. Chris asked to talk to her and she was too upset. So after about a 15 minute emotional breakdown, we call dad back. She proceeds to use her sweetest voice ever to ask daddy if he will buy her a new one. "I really need a new pink one daddy so I can go to Aunt Tina's tomorrow. Please daddy . . . . mommy doesn't have any money." Then Emma hands me the phone. Chris says, "Why did you have her call me? Now I have to buy her one because I couldn't say no to THAT?" I start telling him how she has him wrapped around her little finger and what a sucker he is for his girls. In the meantime, Ellie starts yelling in the background, "SUCKER. I want a SUCKER. SUCKER mommy!!! SUCKER." I was laughing hysterically. Too funny. So when daddy got home, we all went and got them both new suits. Ellie actually needed one since she has grown out of hers and Emma got to pick out a new one. I had bought her a suit at the beginning of summer, but I guess Emma feels like she needs to pick it out herself. Go figure?
Our week was pretty good. It finally got HOT. Only 110 today. Phew! We went to free movie day on Wednesday and saw Horton Hears a Who!. It was Ellie's first movie and did pretty well, all considering. Emma had a good time. The best part, it was FREE! The girls are participating in the summer reading program, so we are staying busy doing a lot of reading. Emma is working really hard at practicing her letters and trying to spell. She is so eager to read on her own. We're getting there . . . . have a great weekend!!

2 comments:
Love it!!! Andy and Clint are a lot alike- they can't say no to that sweet baby girl voice! :-)
That is too funny!
Post a Comment