Of course, I had to blog this. I cringe just recalling it. Last night after putting the girls to bed, I was fixing Chris and I some dinner (yes, it was late for us even). I saw something out of the corner of my eye, but didn't look over. A little bit later, I went to check on the stove and there was a baby lizard sitting by one of the back burners. I believe I said, "OH MY GOD!" and ran into the living room. I told Chris that maybe it was dead, but he had to go check it out. He confirmed it was very much alive. OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! I can handle most bugs, but I CANNOT handle lizards or snakes. Side note: last month, Emma brought her bucket in from outside and asked mE to wash off her lizard. I started freaking out and told her to go back outside NOW! She kept telling me it wasn't real. It looked real. We went outside and washed it off and it was in fact her rubber lizard. It gives me the eebie jeebies! Emma thought it was pretty funny. So, I told Chris we could vacuum it up. So I made him do it and he got him (good thing because I might have had to stay at a hotel if he didn't!). We let him go outside and Oscar proceeded to chase him down. Can I say that Oscar was no where to be found while all this was going on. Go figure! After our ordeal, Chris says to me, "where there's one, there's two!" Oh shut it! Now I'm on the lookout for #2. Not sure what I'll do if I find him and Chris isn't home?? Chris figured we've done pretty good for this being the first one to find in the house. I think not! No more, please, no more!!!! I told Emma the story this morning and she thought it was AWESOME!!! I thought she was my princess?
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago

5 comments:
I never knew about your LOVE for lizards. That is a pretty funny story.
How funny!!! And what a clever way to get rid of him!!
Holy crap. That story takes me back to mom pounding on that snake with a shoe in the basement at the 72nd house. It gives me the willies.
Yep I remember that snake!! Same thing!! I know how you feel Becky! It gives me the eebie jeebies too just thinking about it! Can you set lizard traps? ;)
your so funny!! It;s wierd cause I hate snakes but a lizard wouldn't faze me at all, used to catch them when i was little. Glad your hubby took care of it!
Post a Comment