Our anniversary trip was very nice. It had been a while since Chris and I had a vacation just us (felt kind of weird). We had plenty of time to just unwind, yet we did quite a few things too. Here are some pics from our trip . . .
This is from the Maritime Tour in San Diego (old sail boats) . . .




These were from the Whale Watching Cruise - it was overcast and windy, so it made for a cold trip. I was freezing!!!! This time of year, the whales migrate to Baja, Mexico. We did see several whales, but could never get close enough for a good picture. There were two whales that were migrating together and there were a lot of dolphins following them and they came right up to the boat, so that was cool.





(notice the Sea Lion)
This is us after returning from our Whale Watching Tour just in time for the National Championship to start. Conveniently, there was a bar in our hotel so we landed there for some drink and grub. **Just for those that don't know, my eyes get really big and blue when I have been drinking --- had a couple coffes with Kahlua on the cruise (to keep me warm of course!) and a glass of wine at dinner. Yummy! Happy Anniversary!

My hubby had flowers waiting for me in the room . . .

Our kayaking adventure ---- no pictures since we were actually in the water kayaking. It was supposed to be a sea cave tour, but the tide was too high to actually go in. We kayaked from the beach out into the ocean. It was cool, but I was a little freaked out once we got out quite a ways. Chris loved it! No mishaps until we came into shore. We were supposed to lean back and go with the wave and the boat tipped. I got trapped under the kayak and hurt my nose pretty bad. Once the guys flipped the boat, I came up full of blood. It hurt like crazy. It is still tender and I feel like my front teeth are going to fall out, but I am hoping it just mends itself! Trip to remember I guess.

While there, we decided to go on the Midway Tour and REALLY enjoyed it! We were there for 3 hours and we didn't even see everything.

(I'm in the brig for bad behavior - I told Emma I went to jail for not wearing my seatbelt! ;o))

**Since I was a kid, I always wanted to be a pilot (Air Force Academy in fact). Well, I did until I got an "F" in Aerospace class in 7th grade. Mr. McGill loved me, but told me I needed to find another career choice! The only thing I remember about that class are ailerons. Still love to look at planes though!!
3 comments:
I love the jail comment.
You know I was telling Lyman about your nose and he said that you really need to get it checked out. If it is broken...it will heal broken. You'll then have to re-break it to get it fixed. I'd rather have you be safe and get it checked out than sorry down the road.
L
Dude....you totally look wasted in a couple of the pictures. Are you sure you just had a couple of drinks?
Love your hair! Very Nice! It looks like you had a GREAT time on your trip! What a nice trip it must have been. Nice pics! Happy Anniversary! Too bad about the boat mishap. I too think you should get your nose checked out. ;)
Mom
Post a Comment