Yesterday I had my horn lesson. I had myself all worked up and it went really well. I played for the guy and then he pulled out a duet book and we played together. After we finished, he said that I didn't really need lessons, that I know how to play and have the potential to play well. He recommeded some exercise books to use and thought that once I get my lips back (if only I could play as long as I wanted without my lips getting tired, especially since I really don't have much lip), I should be good to go. He also told me about the community orchestra and he is trying to put together a French Horn quartet. So I actually felt pretty good as I left. So now it is practice, practice, practice! Before I went to my lesson, I was practing and I had my little assistant helping me. Ellie was sitting in my case and would blow on my extra mouth piece when I would play. Too cute! Last night, I went with Chris (a.k.a. Tina) to the Palm Springs International Film Festival. It was my first time. Couldn't believe all the people for a 4:30 movie! Had a great time.
Today was a beautiful day! I checked my sister's blog and it said 9 degrees in Lincoln. I looked at mine and it said 85!!! Woo hoo! My dad & step-mom come on Saturday, so they will be LOVING this weather we are having.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago

1 comments:
I'm glad your horn lesson went well...somehow I knew it would. :) I'm glad you are getting back into your music. Who knows...maybe Ellie will want to play the french horn too!! Enjoy!
Mom :)
Post a Comment