Friday, December 05, 2008

Crazy busy this week . . .

Oh my, this week has been like no other. Not even sure where it went?? This is how our week was spent . . .

Monday - We had a play date with Misty and Miss Charlotte. We tried to do some crafts and got messy doing so. We decorated Christmas cookies and made necklaces out of Cheerios. The favorite part was them eating their necklaces (there were traced of Cheerios everywhere). We had a good time.


Tuesday - We did some shopping in the morning and after Ellie's nap looking for outfits to get their pictures taken in. Of course, I am too picky, so it took a while.

Wednesday - We went to the mall in the morning to for a Mom2Mom playdate. The kids had a great time seeing the other kids. Afterwards, we went to see Santa (sorry no pic to post). Emma actually sat on his lap, but Ellie wanted nothing to do with it. Emma even posed for the picture (I was impressed). She, of course, asked for a horse! Then, the girls spent the afternoon at Gramma and Poppo's while I shopped. I went to Toys R Us and spent way too much. It was nice getting some shopping done without them!

This was also the anniversary of Chris' and my first date. It was 14 years ago that we went on our first date - it was the Chi Phi formal. Seems so long ago, yet seems like yesterday. Chris brought me home flowers and a card for which I was pleasantly surprised . . . . still in love.


Thursday - We got to CBS in the morning and realized the kids were to be singing a Christmas song. Some of the parents knew, but I didn't. No camera or anything. One of the gals took this one and forwarded it on. It was so so cute. I never thought I'd be one of those moms, but I was in tears while she was up there. I don't know what came over me? I just thought, "where is the time going?" Emma sang the whole song and was just pleased with herself. So cute. It wasn't until I saw this picture though, I realized Ellie had been on stage too and I didn't even realize it. I was mortified! That day, Ellie had been moved up to the 2-3 year class so I didn't figure they would have her participate. She is all the way on the right hand side and of course, I was on the left. Poor Ellie. I feel like such an awful mom. I'll make it up to you Ellie, I promise!! ;o)

After CBS, we ran home to eat lunch, then headed out again to meet Teresa and little Zach at the Children's Discovery Museum. We had a really good time. We had never been before and I have a feeling we will be going back.





2 comments:

Hailey said...

Isn't the Children's Museum Great? we spent a lot of time in the summer there, but need to go back! Glad you had fun!

The Baete's said...

You sap. To be honest I think when Kaden has his first performance I'll be in tears as well. Hard to imagine the girls are that big already.