Friday, September 19, 2008

It has been QUITE the week . . .

And so it began . . . . the week started out with Ellie needing and wanting, but not able to tell me what or how much. She REALLY wants me to understand and believe me, so do I. Then it moved onto Emma . . . WOWIE!! She has struggled this week for whatever the reaon. I don't know if she is going through a phase or what, but let's hope that is what it is. She doesn't want Ellie to play with her toys, wanted to be left alone, does things her way and her way only, and has fought me HARD the whole way. I heard a lot of "I don't like you" and "it isn't fair" and just plain "NO" or the silent treatment. On the flip side, she said a lot of "I'm sorry I was being bad" or "I really do love you mommy". The funny thing is, once Daddy comes home, they are both complete angels. Don't get me wrong, Emma tells Daddy she was bad, so at least she is honest. This makes it very hard for mommy at the end of the day . . . so I had to be creative this week and try to keep them busy and not fighting . . . life as a mommy . . . PHEW, it is the HARDEST job ever!

We made cookies . . . this is Ellie's first chance to lick the cookie dough . . . . did she love it!!

Emma's is patiently (or not so much) waiting for them to bake . . .

We spent an afternoon out back on the slip 'n slide in the backyard . . . here . . . she likes me . . .
Then . . . not so much . . .
Then . . . we're happy again . . .
We also went to the pool at Gramma's a couple of times this week . . . it was really nice to take a break from the heat . . .

0 comments: