Thursday, August 07, 2008

first thank you

We have been working HARD on Ellie's please and thank you's and FINALLY she said thank you when I gave her lunch today. Just melted my heart. She has been slow to talk, but she is saying words here and there. In her own time I guess.

Yesterday Ellie had a Dr.'s appointment and it was the last time we go to that pediatrician. I'd list her stats, but I guess they don't do that there (along with a lot of other things!). They don't take care of getting old medical records, they expect the parent to know what shots your kid needs, they don't inquire about your child, AND (here's the kicker) they don't let your child use their restrooms. To say the least, we will NEVER go back there. We are now searching for a new pediatrician and doctor for Chris and I since our own experience wasn't that great. Part of moving I guess.

The excitement today was . . . . it rained! I find it so humorous when it rains here in California. We were at church for my bible study and the minute it started raining, all of the ladies ran out to go to a window to watch. Then of course they wanted to talk about it for the next ten minutes or so. I think it is just hilarious. One of the ladies at my table is from Lincoln too and her and I just rolled our eyes in unison and then made fun of them when they were done. I guess when it is sunny everyday, people don't know what to do with themselves when the weather changes. I guess if we stay in California, that will be Emma and Ellie years to come. (LOL)





0 comments: