sol·i·tude
Date:
14th century
1 : the quality or state of being alone or remote from society : seclusion 2 : a lonely place (as a desert)
*******************************************************
There you have it, that is me this week and next. It started off on Saturday when Chris took Emma to her first movie (the panda one). I didn't even get all bent out of shape that I wasn't the one taking her to her first movie. The truth is, they left just as I was putting Ellie down and I had the entire afternoon to myself. SOOOO NICE!!! I read my book and napped AND it felt awesome! Emma liked the movie I think but she was a bit freaked out at times.
Chris left at 6AM on Sunday morning for Boulder for a 2 week training for the bank . . . BANKING SCHOOL. So he is living it up in the dorms at CU right now (yes family, CU!). It will be rough not having him here, but we will keep on truckin'. Just trying to keep things planned to make the time go by. Gramma Holmes is coming out for a couple of days beginning on Wednesday, so that will help me keep my sanity. Once the girls go down at night, I've been enjoying my solitude. Not until I had children did I realize that I really do need time to myself to just sit and relax or just think without a million things going on around me. I've been spending time reading, relaxing, doing my nails (I recall being a teenager NEVER NOT having them done and they were always red - now lucky to do it once every six months or so!), and getting caught up on house stuff.
Emma had her 3 year Dr. appointment today . . . 90th percentile for both height and weight (a little shocked by that because I thought she had stopped growing). Freaked me out a bit because they had Emma put on a gown, took her blood pressure, checked eyes and ears, etc. I was just sitting there thinking to myself, "Oh my God, my baby. Where did my baby go?" Goes too fast and Ellie is right behind her. Ellie is trying to talk, but doesn't speak much English. She speaks a language called "Frenglish." Ellie definitely understands what you say to her, but just can't tell you anything. She thinks you should understand her, but oh my, sounds like a bunch of babble to me.
That's all for now folks . . .
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment