Well, Chris is home and it seems we are getting back to normal. Days fly by and I can't really figure how, but they do! We've been busy playing, doing house work, going to Bible Study (for me and the kids go to PLAY TIME, which they have enjoyed), library, yard work, etc. Just goes by. Last week, the excitement was Chris coming home and Emma tried to cut my finger off (well, that is a bit of an exageration). She picked up the scissors and I told her to put them down because she could cut herself. Well, I tried to grab them out of her hands and she tried to shut them before giving them to me and my finger got caught. As I told my girlfriend, I was due (it has been a while since I did something to myself - my iron scar is healing quite nicely!).
Today, we went and got Emma's haircut for the first time. I seriously had butterflies about it, I was really nervous for her. She did good. She just sat in the chair watching herself in the mirror, sitting completely still. Now why wouldn't she do that for me??? She just looked like such a big girl. Makes me sad that she isn't my little girl anymore . . . . it happens, right? The gal even asked how short to cut her bangs and she answered her before I could. Our trip made me thinking back to how my own mom felt . . . did she feel sorry for me having "bad" hair and getting "bad" haircuts?? She never had a chance! - not with this mop!!
- I was yelling for her from upstairs and she yelled back, "do not yell at me mom, you are giving me a headache!"
- "but MOM!"
- "WHY?"
- "I don't understand, why?"
- "WHY?"
- "Just leave me alone mom, I'll do it."

2 comments:
Emma's already a teenager...should be FUN.
tennisbum
You "still hate Bugsy"?! Becky that is not nice. I remember way back when, Bugsy was your pride and joy. Poor Bugsy...give him a treat from Aunt Lisa.
Ellie has changed so dang much! Beautiful girls...I miss them tons.
~Aunt Lisa~
Post a Comment