Crazy, crazy day . . . . ugh!!
Ellie has been feeling well, then not feeling well for like the past two weeks. She was up in the middle of the night coughing enough to keep her awake. So, we decided it was time to take her in. First, I had Time Warner coming to hook up the phone, which took him FOREVER!! Then, I took Ellie into Urgent Care since we don't have a pediatrician yet. They ran my insurance (should be effective until June 24th, which is when Chris' insurance picks us up) and it came back ineligible. What??? So I asked how much it would be for me to pay it and submit to insurance. Are you ready?
$750!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking to myself, "are you freakin' kiddin' me???" So I got a hold of my benefits people and they said yes, I was covered. So we had the appointment . . . Ellie had a bad ear infection and I probably should have taken her in earlier, just had no idea because she didn't act like she had one. So after the appointment, they asked how I planned to pay. I told them that they needed to call the insurance company and they said no, they only confirm by internet and it showed no insurance, end of story. So, "assertive Becky" (there is a better word for it, but feel uncomfortable putting it on my blog) surfaced and I told her that my children and I would wait as long long as it took and watch her call OR I would make the call for her. She just looked at me for a couple of minutes she said, "FINE!!!" After 20 minutes, she got the confirmation and I only had to pay the $20 copay. Her comment to me was, "if this was season time, I would have refused to help you!" It doesn't get any better than that, does it? I thought about just saying bite me, but decided I needed to be a role model for my children and instead thanked her for all her assitance! It was hard though!! I was definitely relieved I didn't have to pay the $750 though, phew!! There really is no moral to this story, I just needed to vent . . . . and hopefully, Ellie is on the mend!
The Things That Howl In The Night
1 day ago

2 comments:
Welcome to the wonderful service provided by the kind workers in the resort community of the Coachella Valley. What BS...I am so proud of you! I probably would have pitched a baby fit right there in the waiting room. That is ridiculous and unacceptable! AARRRGGHH!!! Now I am mad!
Oh my! That is terrible! I'm so glad you were able to get by with only the co-pay. What an outrageous experience.
Post a Comment