New Year's Resolution ~ Take some time for myself.
We'll see how long it lasts. That is why my blog hasn't been updated recently. I am trying to do the best I can at having some time to read or just try to relax at the end of my day. It seems like I am on the go from the time I wake up until I go to bed, which I think is causing my migraines. So, I am trying to be better about taking some time to enjoy my life and relax a little bit. I am even forcing myself to take a lunch everyday to get a break. It is hard, but I am trying. So if that means some of you come over to my house, it just isn't going to be spotless!! Besides, with two kids, it is IMPOSSIBLE! I am currently reading "Eat Pray Love" and am loving it!!
Today I finally got all of my Christmas stuff down, I thought I was never going to get it all done! Of course we watched football most of the day, but really had a good day being at home with Chris and the kids. Emma is still doing great at the potty training with only a few accidents here or there. Ellie is really close to walking, but just isn't quite there yet. She is saying a lot of da da da and loves to play patty cake with Poppo. They are a lot of work right now, but so much fun. Tonight they were sharing Emma's sippy cup. It was cute, but then Chris and I both looked at each other and said, "can't you just see them sharing a whiskey bottle when they are 16???" Then we just got freaked out! I am going to try and enjoy them being little as long as I can!
This next week is a really exciting week for Chris. He is going on Friday, the 18th, to get LASIK done on his eyes. It has been something he has wanted to do forever, so he is finally doing it. He is really excited and I am really freaked out for him. There is NO WAY I would ever let anyone touch my eyes, but that is me! Sounds like it is a pretty fast recovery, so I am praying it goes as planned!!
I know how much my friend Lisa loves pictures, so I just had to (Sorry!) Lisa is moving to Ft Collins next week (YEAH!!!!) Lisa and I started USDA within a few months of each other back in 1994. We have been longtime friends and she got a job with ARS here. I am so looking forward to having such a good friend close by again!!! Lisa, we are so anxious to have you here!!!

2 comments:
Great post. Glad you're going to be taking more time for yourself, and hopefully the migranes will stop. Love the pictures of the girls and pray that everything goes well with Chris' surgery - i'm jealous! Although Derek would side with you Becky and swear no one would ever touch his eyes!
Cute pics! I too am glad you will be taking more time for yourself. You need to do that especially with babies! And then hopefully your migranes will stop. I too am reading Eat Pray Love and am loving it. It helps put your life into perspective. Hope Chris' surgery goes well! Keep us posted! Love you all!
Mom :)
Post a Comment