Sunday, January 28, 2007

Now a family of 4!!

Ellie Mae Holmes
Born: January 26th at 12:06p.m.
Weight: 8lbs, 11oz
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
It was quite an adventure, but Ellie made it into the world on Friday at 12:06p.m. We checked into the hospital at 7:30a.m. They started the Pitocin right away and continued for 3 hours, but nothing happened. My Dr. decided to break my water to get things moving. At that point, I asked to get the drugs started. To make a long story short, I went from 5 cm to 10cm in about 5 minutes time. NONE of us were prepared for that. I have never felt such pain in my entire life. There was no time for the drugs because the baby was coming, ready or not. From the time they broke my water to the time I delivered, was exactly 50 minutes. Boy, am I glad that is OVER!!! My Dr. said it was a good thing they induced, or Chris might have had to deliver at home. We are very blessed to have a happy and healthy baby girl.

We are home now and trying to adjust. Things are going fairly well. Just a little tired. We will post some more pictures as the days go on. I am trying to be a good mom and take just as many pictures of Ellie as I did when Emma was born.







5 comments:

Amy A said...

What a sweetie! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Ellie is so cute. Congratulations.

Amy,Ivan, and Sean

Hailey said...

Ellie. . . what a beautiful name for a beutiful angel. Thank you for posting so soon. I know you must be exhausted. I only hope that i have as fast as delivery as you did the next time around. amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again! You both look wonderful in the pics! Well done on making your family more adorable.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you have informed us so quickly, but THANK YOU! Congrats on another healthy, beautiful addition to your family. Love the name, love the pics, and love the family.

Talk to you soon!
Misty