Friday, May 01, 2009

Slamming Doors?

My life this week seems to consist of slamming doors . . . . it seems to be the only way for my daughters to communicate with each other. Who can slam their door the loudest? Or, mom will know how annoyed I am with her if I slam my door really hard! I am working on putting an end to it all, but we'll see. We have been home-bound for the most part, so I think they are going a bit stir crazy (mom too). We have our good moments, but there has been too many fevers, tiredness, hitting, crying and a whole lot of whining. I will be so glad when they are feeling 100%. I am beginning to understand my mom's frustration with Lisa and I always fighting as kids. And we fought a lot worse than my two angels do. Sorry mom!!

Our house seems to be on the mend. Ellie is still having some problems sleeping, but hopefully a good nap today will help. I am ready for a couple of nights where I can sleep all night in my own bed. Hopefully that will be soon!!!

I have been feeling like all I do is clean here lately (maybe it's all that time at home to get it dirty!). I have taken the suggestions from one of the moms I am in bible study with. She told me I needed to sign up with www.flylady.net to help get organized. You get an email everyday for what you need to do that day, plus it gives you pointers on keeping things clean throughout the week. I figured it is worth a shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like me as a little kid - loved to slam doors; saved my brother's face quite a few times because I would have rather been slammin' his face instead! ;)

The Baete's said...

Yeah...sorry mom. Just wait until the physical fighting starts...ah the days of kicking Becky in the stomach and me getting pushed down the stairs. Sisterhood is great.