Day started out kind of rough for us . . . .
Last week the girls were sick all week and after three Dr. visits, they concluded they both had ear infections. So they put them on antibiotics on Saturday. Ellie is really good about taking her medicine and Emma IS NOT!! So this morning, she had to take her medicine before school and she made it into a 1 hour and 15 minute endeavor. UGH! Not the start I wanted for today. It is what it is though.
We got to school and teacher introduced Emma to the other students and she went off (not even telling me goodbye). I really had no time to react because Ellie was really upset about her sissy staying and going off to play with the others! As we left, Ellie was screaming bloody murder. She cried and cried and cried. We went to the park and all she would say is, "Emma? Emma? Emma?" She didn't even want to play on the play ground. Poor thing. She doesn't know what to do without her big sister!
When I picked Emma up, she really wasn't up for talking about her day. All I got were one word answers (now I know how my mom felt, but I'm sure not at 3 years old!). I think she may have been a little overwhelmed, but she wants to go back. Emma doesn't respond too well to change, so she is doing pretty good with it all. Last weekend, we bought a new light fixture for our downstairs bathroom and matching faucet, towel racks, etc. Of course we thought it would be easy. Is it ever? Of course the light fixture wouldn't work (put it in our bath and had to buy another), so we purchased a different one. Then we Chris went to do the faucets, he realized he had to remove the pedastal from the wall. I was not excited about having him do it AT ALL! To my amazement, my husband (with some help from his dad) installed it and the bathroom is as good as new. Way to go hubby!! Phew!
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago

2 comments:
Now I know why I didn't get a call last night from Miss Emma! Poor Ellie.
How exciting! I forgot it was starting so soon!!! I am sure they will both adjust, it will just take some time. Talk to you soon...maybe?
Post a Comment