Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cool Down
















Believe it or not, this week it has cooled down. I can actually sit outside in the morning . . . it has been SOOO nice. The girls have really enjoyed being able to play outside too! This week, Emma has stolen the show. These are some of her funnies this week:

Her new thing is to say, "Oh, MOTHER!" (mom, does that remind you of anyone? Of course, after I told her to call me mama and not mother, she did it even more! She kept saying "Why mother? Why?")

We hurried into the potty and the conversation went something like this:

Emma- "We don't want to have an accident or I won't get to meet daddy's new girlfriend."

Mama - "Oh really? Daddy's has a girlfriend? What is her name?"

Emma - "Well, daddy hasn't told me yet, but I can't wait to meet her!"

Mama - "Well, daddy better not have a girlfriend because he has me and I'm his only girlfriend."

Emma - "No mom, you are his wife. I guess we will have to ask him."

Just for the record: Daddy denies having a girlfriend . . . where does she come up with this stuff?

Emma and I were getting ready for bed and Emma says, "Mama, I want to be just like you when I grow up. I want to have big boobies just like you." Someone as flat chested as me just doesn't know how to respond to that one!

Oh, life with her is entertaining to say the least!!! Ellie is quite the handful too right now. She is trying really hard to say different words and be understood. They are fun.

Uncle Cliff and Aunt Heather arrive today for a visit. We are all excited to have company. We have planned a night out with them and Chris' folks without kids. We are hiring a babysitter (first time), so it should be interesting. Emma agreed to a babysitter as long as I promised they could play hide and seek and stay up late!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, Emma is a 13 year old midget.

tennisbum

Hailey said...

I'm laughing hysterically at Emma's antics! I'm so glad you posted them for her to read one day!!