EMMA
Emma don't you know
How long we've wanted you
Bringing a child into this world
Would make our dreams come true
Emma don't you know
all the tests we went through
Searching for the answers
To the path that led to you
Emma don't you know
That not a day passed by
Without asking God
To send you to my side
Emma don't you know
The hope that we believed
That soon there'd be a day
In our arms you'd be received
Emma don't you know
The tears of joy I cried
When the test results confirmed
Your picture from inside
Emma don't you know
As I sit here holding you
I'm also thanking God
For making our dreams come true
Written by Lisa Mullenax
This was written by my good friend Lisa and sent to me after Emma was born. We have it hanging up in her closet and I read it to Emma every time she asks me to. I think of this poem as we celebrate Emma's birthday. She has brought much joy into our lives since she was born. We feel very blessed to have such a gift when we weren't supposed to have her to in the first place (or so the doctors said). I can't believe how fast the first three years went by!
Happy Birthday Emma.





5 comments:
Happy Birthday EMMA!!!
Happy Birthday Emma!!! You're such a big girl! Where does the time go???
Please tell Emma Happy Birthday for me. I was thinking of her this morning as I was getting ready...wondering what a wonderful 3rd birthday she has in store today.
Happy Birthday Emma!!!
We miss not being there to celebrate with YOU.
have FUN
Tennisbum
Happy Bithday Dear Sweet Emma! Grandma misses you and wishes I could be with you today to celebrate your 3rd birthday. I can't believe you are 3 already! You are growing up so fast. Have fun today! Love You!
Grandma Cheri
Post a Comment